About the Garrett family

My photo
Longmont, Colorado, United States
Matt and Aimee have been married for 9 years now. We have 5 daughters between the two of us. Three who are still living at home. Jasmine is 17, in her junior year of high school. Haley is 14 in her freshman year of high school. Anya is 18 in her junior year of high school. Anya was adopted from Ukraine in 2008. Taylor 18 is a senior in high School living in Thornton, Heather 20 Married living with husband Chad and thier baby Ezrah, he was born in Feb 2011. We are in process of adopting siblings Oksana 13, and Vladik 10 whom we met on a hosting program this past summer.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Goodbye Mr Wonderful, Hello Oksana!

Hello all, Sunday I talked with Oksana & Vlad again. I could tell as soon as she answered that something had changed for the better. Oksana was very upbeat and happy. When asked about her friends she said she only has the two Elena and Roma who are friends in her orphanage. Roman who was Mr Wonderful her boyfriend, and the real reason why she decided against the adoption, was no longer her friend. Thank You God and for all of you that have been praying for her this is the answer we had been hoping for. Oksana went on to say that she has been practicing her English again because she says her people do not speak it and she is forgetting. Vlad does not remember but a few phrases, Hi Mom, I love you, Me too, and Dad and you Ukraine soon. Also his English numbers, he understood when I was telling him we should be with him in 12 days. Other than that Oksana had him on speaker and would tell him how to respond to me. I am over my fears for the most part and ready to get started on the travel part of this journey. Felix said it well when he told us fear is the opposite of faith, we are doing are best to keep focused on faith. God knows all of our needs and will be faithful to give us all that He knows we can handle. We would really love to have our 10 day wait waived, has anyone out there ever got this to be done? I know we all ask, but do they ever say yes? It would be great then Matt could avoid the second trip and we could all go home together.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, thanks you guys...but all credit must be given to my pastor, Clay Peck. He said it in a sermon a few months ago. Since that time, God relieved me of the burden of worry in this adoption as I took on the message that was delivered straight to me, by Him, through Clay!

    Praying for an even faster adoption and homecoming for you than we will have. After all, who's gonna bring me my ice cream at the airport if I beat you home! :-)

    Felix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific news!!! Here's hoping everything moves very quickly and she keeps practicing her English!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure enjoyed visiting with you last night. I am looking forward to following you guys on your journey to Ukraine. I will be praying for you two, the kids here and in Ukraine. I like your humar, honesty and whit! =)
    love,
    Monique
    ps. Do you guys live in Mead? I saw your daughters sweatshirt in your Gallery. We do. =)

    ReplyDelete